Xenu is the tool by which we can check all the broken internal and external links of any website.
- Highlights broken link.
- Status of the link.
- Type of the link ( txt / html / image / css /application etc)
- Size of the file.
- Title of the page.
- No of Out / In links
- Server Information.
- Error Description.
- Duration of page load.
- Easy Report Generation.
- Listing all broken links in report at one place.
Download Xenu :
Click here to download Xenu : Download Xenu
Install and Run Xenu :
1) Download the file and unzip XENU.ZIP . Open the XENU forlder and double click on Setup file.
Unzip XENU.ZIP –> ZENU –> Double Click on file.
Click on Next –> I Agree –> Next –> Next.
2) Once it is install successfully the icon will be displayed on your desktop. If not go to C drive and then program file. Find XENU folder and open it. Inside XENU Folder there will icon shown like-
Double click on the icon.
3) After opening the Xenu it will look like-
4) Click on Close button to close the pop up.
5) Go to the File and Click on Check URL option.
6) After selecting the URL option one pop up window will open-
7) Enter your website url in the url field and then click on ok button.
Here you are done. As soon as you will click on ok button Xenu will start checking all the internal and external link.
During checking the link you can view the status of each link.
Generating Report :
1) Once Xenu will complete checking the links it will ask for Report.
2) Click on Yes will pop up another window-
3) Just click on Ok button it will display another pop up like-
4) Click on ok button will generate report automatically in Fire Fox browser. and it will look like-
You can save the file if you want and send the complete report whoever is needed.